Under general supervision, the Accounts Payable Associate II performs a variety of general administrative duties in support of assigned department procedures. This job classification requires knowledge of office procedures, including Microsoft Excel and Word, and basic regulatory requirements involving the Accounts Payable. The Accounts Payable Associate II will perform a variety of routine administrative accounting functions; may audit and verify financial data, invoice and collect revenues, reconcile accounts and payments, and establish, maintain and track a variety of databases, accounts and files.
1. Reviews, codes, and enters invoices and credit memos into ERP system; generates a variety of reports or queries.
2. Reconciles, researches and resolves discrepancies of a routine nature according to established procedures. Escalates complex inquiries to a higher-level specialist and/or leader.
3. Identifies and recommends more efficient ways to perform tasks and proposes ideas to leadership.
4. Maintains vendor accounts current by reviewing and processing all past due invoices and credit memos.
5. Monitors deadlines and due dates.
6. Communicates with customers, vendors, and stores by way of telephone calls, e-mails, letters and attending meetings.
7. Types, sorts, copies, files and distributes a variety of documents including spreadsheets, records, reports, invoices and lists.
8. Prepares and posts accounting entries and adjustments.
9. Works closely with other departments to coordinate efforts and communicate changes.
10. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. plus 1 to 3 years of bookkeeping, accounting or accounts payable/receivable work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• General knowledge and understanding of the flow of Financial Statements, Balance Sheet, and Income Statements, and specifically how accounts payable entries affect these types of accounts.
• Knowledge of personal computer software programs including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
• Experience processing invoices in SAP or similar ERP system.
• Basic understanding of 3-Way Match invoicing methodology.
• Ability to effectively communicate account variances to other departments - inside and outside of Financial Services.
• Must be self-motivated, professional, detail oriented, and proactive.
• Effectively communicates information both verbally and in writing.