The Millwork Designer develops a wide variety of architectural drawings used to capture proposed designs for clients and fabrication. The role requires a keen focus on detail, consistency, and precision in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. The Millwork Designer provides designs for floor plans, elevations, sections and details for interior finishes, flatwork panels, casework/millwork, doors/frames/and hardware, specialties, decorative metals, lab casework and equipment. The Designer works closely with other departments, particularly Estimating to determine customer requirements and scope of work, as well as Project Managers (PM’s) to ensure accurate drawings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree or certificate/diploma in technical drawing, drafting or the equivalent work and educational experience. Work experience using Cabinet Vision Software and AutoCAD for two years or more (2+) to produce detailed shop drawings or architectural drawings.
Demonstrated work experience with Revit, SketchUp and BIM a plus.
Experience with cabinetry/millwork or construction a plus.
Knowledge of terms, standard operating procedures and industry standards of cabinetry/millwork or construction a plus.
Knowledge of arithmetic fundamentals, imperial/metric measurements
· Innovative/Critical thinker with strong organizational and time management skills, multitasking
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Keen eye for detail and ability to visualize and understand 3-D dimensions.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills and collaboration with internal and external customers
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally using phone or email with internal and external customers.
· A sense of urgency and flexibility to respond to changing demands/priorities.
· Ability to work in a team environment and be responsive to feedback.
· Ability to multitask and maintain focus amidst environmental distractions.
· Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
Work is performed in a business office environment. Occasional travel to outside locations or meetings. Ability to work extended hours, as required, in support of the company’s business needs.