Under close supervision and within prescribed guidelines, the Raley’s Service Agent I provides customer service in a manner which increases customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention and maximizes customer long-term value to Raley’s. Employees in this job classification work in the Raley’s Service Center and strive to provide polite and tactful responses to customer contacts by a variety of communication channels. The Agent I performs accurate and thorough entry of customer contact data into the database; answers questions and inquiries, troubleshoots problems, provides information, and handles praise and complaints regarding the organization’s products or services. This job classification requires a genuine desire to help customers, excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in data entry and office software applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or G.E.D plus one (1) to two (2) years of customer service experience, preferably in a contact center or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Experience in a retail environment is a plus.
· Experience utilizing social media is helpful.
· Experience and/or aptitude for making outbound calls for customer growth opportunities.
· Strong knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
· Basic knowledge of office procedures.
· General understanding of customer service principles and best practices.
· Knowledge of standard office software applications.
· Excellent data entry skills.
· Bilingual skills a plus.
· Basic computer skills and proficiency in office software applications (spreadsheets, word processing, calendar).
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills including vocabulary, spelling and correct grammatical usage and punctuation.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Demonstrated punctuality and dependability.
· Ability to operate office equipment, a personal computer and related software applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
· Ability to type with sufficient speed and accuracy to perform job functions as required.
· Ability to read, write, perform basic arithmetic, and follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations to include additions, multiplication, subtraction, division, percentages and decimals.
· Able to react effectively and calmly in a variety of situations. Maintains composure under stress and tight time pressures and escalates problems.
· Genuine desire to help customers and quickly and logically solve problems of varying complexity. Perseverance.
· Excels at establishing strong positive relationships with customers.
· Maintains effective communication and working relationships with all levels of the organization and business contacts.
· Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and meets designated deadlines. Flexible in the face of changing work priorities.
· Impressive telephone, email and social media etiquette.
· Ability to communicate with diverse and sometimes difficult people.
· Ability to resolve issues of conflict in a tactful and professional manner and effectively diffuse irate customers.
· Commitment to company values. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints, and handle confidential information and material with the highest degree of professional responsibility.
· Willingness to be managed and rewarded based on key performance indicators.