Under general supervision, provides quality assurance oversight and monitoring for Raley’s Quality Assurance Program. Responsibilities include: participating in the development of policies, procedures and systems, evaluating and auditing supplier and product compliance with Raley’s specifications and regulatory requirements, providing food safety/quality counsel to category management and product development teams and investigating customer complaints and food safety/quality incidents for assigned categories. This job classification requires knowledge of food safety and quality assurance principles, programs and practices, strong analytical skills and the ability to facilitate communication amongst divergent interests.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Agricultural Sciences or related field plus a minimum of 1-3 or more years of experience in quality assurance at a food manufacturing facility, or food analysis or research & development laboratory or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working knowledge of:
· Food safety and quality assurance principles, programs and practices.
· FDA and USDA regulatory requirements
· Food manufacturing operations for produce, meat, seafood, bakery, and/or shelf stable products.
· 21 CFR, Section 110, Global Food Safety Initiative (GSFI) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards.
Advanced ability to:
· Prioritize, meet tightly scheduled deadlines and be flexible to meet changing work priorities and production needs.
· Negotiate project timelines and outcomes.
· Work independently and in a group.
· Maintain effective working relationships and foster teamwork in a diverse work group.
· Make persuasive presentations by communicating technical information in a non-technical manner appropriate to the audience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Advanced organizational, project management and documentation skills.
Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, iCiX (preferred).
Strong analytical skills.
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Certification or ability to pass in first 90 days is required.
British Retail Consortium or Safe Quality Food Certification is preferred.