Under general supervision, to perform a variety of general administrative support and coordination for a department and staff, and to provide administrative support for assigned specialized processes. Employees in this job classification are responsive to a high volume of customer telephone calls and requests for information. This job classification requires knowledge of administrative and customer service practices and operations, and the ability to assist in the smooth operation of the office on a daily basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· College Degree preferred.
· Two to four years of work experience. Retail experience preferred.
· Knowledge of general office practices and operations; strong customer service skills.
· Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation.
· Knowledge of sales and merchandising practices.
· Advanced personal computer expertise including the ability to operate word processing, calendar, spreadsheet, presentation and database software applications.
· Proficiency in office equipment operation including multi-line telephones, fax machines, 10-key, copiers, printers, voice mail and e-mail systems.
· Ability to type with sufficient speed and accuracy to perform job functions as required.
· Ability to create a variety of documents including memos, reports, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
· Basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
· Able to work independently, be flexible in changing work priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to act in a responsive manner to customer inquiries and requests; refers the more difficult clients or matters as necessary.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Able to maintain effective working relationships.
· Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills.
· Accuracy and a detail orientation required.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.