As a Team Member Relations (TMR) Specialist, you will serve as a trusted advisor to teams and individuals to ensure our organization’s treatment of team members is fair, respectful and consistent with our Company values and business objectives. You will be responsive to a range of HR matters from routine to difficult employee relations issues including highly sensitive and time critical workplace investigations, consultations with team members and leaders, and responding to potential union activity. You will also have an opportunity to serve as a partner with multiple store locations and districts and has regular travel to locations.
Who We Are
At Raley’s, we’re all about infusing life with health and happiness by changing the way the world eats, one plate at a time. We take our passion for great food and world class customer service to the next level. Every day we come into work knowing that what we do is making a difference in the lives of our customers. Evolving beyond the definition of what an ordinary grocery store can be, we’re bringing a fresh take on the idea of living well to the communities we serve and live in. We’re dedicated to supporting healthy and happy team members, customers and communities – and we’re looking for the same kind of passionate people to join our team, grow with us and share our purpose.
What You Will Do
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or G.E.D. with one to three (1-3) years or more of experience in employee relations or other human resource experience or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Some college in relevant field is preferred.
· Three (3+) or more years of experience with employee complaint investigation including discrimination and harassment complaint handling as well as involuntary termination handling.
· Experience in business or in retail industry and multi-unit is preferred.
Certification desirable: PHR, SHRM-CP or other HR certification with emphasis on employment and labor law.
· General knowledge of regulatory and contract requirements in area of specialty.
· Knowledge of State, Federal, and legal regulations and requirements related to human resources including EEO, ADA/FLMA, Workers’ Compensation, and wage & hour.
· General knowledge of office procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and sustain working relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Strong influencing skills and the ability to diffuse emotional situations and individuals.
· Excellent judgement and ability to accurate assess situations and diagnose problems.
· Demonstrated abilities in problem solving, conflict resolution, and organizational skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Strong time management and prioritization skills to be able to balance time between crisis-response and routine matters.
· Ability to operate a personal computer and related software including spreadsheet applications.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written and group presentation skills.
Valid driver’s license.
Keyboarding and monitor use; view computer monitor
Work is performed primarily in a business office or retail store environment. Frequent travel to other locations. Estimated travel of approximately 25%. Availability to work as needed: night, early morning or weekends.
• No disciplinary action during the past 6 months.
• Your current leader must recommend that you apply for this position and provide endorsement upon request from HR.
• You must upload a resume and answer all application questions.