The Senior Staff Software Engineer is responsible for analyzing large, very complex and multifaceted application systems that cross multiple technical environments and for the entire enterprise. The role’s purpose is to possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of multiple business operating procedures, functionality and the potential impact on other systems or business units. This job classification requires advanced technical knowledge of design principles, structured programming techniques and software development life cycle.
Day to day duties:
Customize, implement, deploy, enhance and support SAP solutions for a retail grocery company to manage their domestic operations. Among the SAP modules, focus on FI (financial accounting), CO (controlling), GL (general ledger), AR (account receivable), AP (account payable), AA (asset accounting with asset carry forward), 4-4-5 period concept, SD (sales and distribution), IHC (in-house cash), strong FI period end closing and collections management, credit management, Material ledger and New Ledger/parallel ledger concept, substitution rule/sets /validation, jurisdiction based taxes; analyze client’s business process to ascertain their needs and requirements in SAP applications; perform business process blueprinting and gap analysis; SAP’s Activate methodology ; ABAP programming experience/knowledge desired; prepare functional specifications, process flow diagram and testing documents; Create functional design; configure and test the system to match the design; customize retail template; prototype best practices solutions; provide post-production support. Work with various SAP modules with the following experience strongly desired; Fiori implementation, Solution Manager 7.2 Test Suit, BW/BPC, Business Partner/Partner function, knowledge of Finance related IDOCS, and middleware mapping knowledge/experience a plus, S/4 Hana – ACDOCA experience. Experience with Ariba’s B&I a plus as well as Report Painter knowledge/experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· BA/BS or MA/MS in Computer Science or related subject or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of five (5) years professional experience related to analytical or system support, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Advanced knowledge of one of the main SDLC Models including but not limited to Agile, Waterfall and Iterative.
· Advanced knowledge of three or more of the following:
- Programming skills (Java, C#, C++, Objective-C, C)
- ERP Configuration (SAP)
- ETL and API Tools
· Advanced knowledge of DevOps development and Cloud technologies
· Business knowledge of one major function within Raley’s. Advanced knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Advanced knowledge of principles and methods for training and instruction for individuals and groups.
· Additional Skills:
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills to department and business area management.
- Demonstrates leadership on complex IT studies or systems.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates self-initiative, a sense of urgency and innovation/ creativity.
Work is performed in a business office environment. Occasional travel to outside locations or meetings may be required. Ability to work extended hours, as required, in support of the company’s business need.