The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for technical guidance, planning, directing and overseeing software engineers who design, develop, and implement original and vendor software solutions for business applications. This role requires advanced software technical knowledge to oversee a specific segment of the software development team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· BA/BS or MA/MS in Computer Science or related subject, preferred.
· Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in software engineering, three (3) years of which is in a software development project leader role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Advanced knowledge of software engineering design and implementation of three (3) or more of the following:
- Programming skills (Java, C#, C++, Objective C)
- ETL and API Tools
· Advanced knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills to department and business area management.
· Effective people and project management skills.