As a Site Reliability Engineer at Raley’s, you’ll be responsible for the support of our test and production environments, including physical, virtual, and network infrastructure, as well as applications and associated data sources. Every day, you’ll help deliver highly reliable systems to 11,000+ employees across Northern California and Nevada, as they fulfill the Raley’s vision of changing the way we eat, one plate at a time.
If you’re the kind of engineer that is comfortable in a hybrid compute environment split about 50/50 between Windows Server and Linux, and want to join an organization that is growing rapidly and transforming their technical stack in all the right ways, read on!
On a daily basis at Raley’s, our engineers are managing our Microsoft Azure presence, a number of physical data centers, a large VMWare presence, and a WAN that spans 130+ physical locations.
The Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for tuning and scaling software and systems and for delivering automated processes that reduce toil and technical debt, as well as availability, performance, monitoring, and incident response The primary purpose of this role’s is to build resilient, reliable and scalable database, e-commerce, and data warehouse infrastructure and platforms.
This position requires intermediate to advanced knowledge and familiarity with infrastructure, applications, programming and database administration.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· BA/BS or MA/MS in Computer Science or related subject or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience related to data center or applications programming or database administration or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Demonstrated experience applying automation expertise to eliminating toil and technical debt.
· Linux & Windows
· Microsoft Azure
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Effective verbal and written communication
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team environment.
· Detail oriented and accurate.
Work is performed in a business office environment. Occasional travel to outside locations or meetings. Ability to work extended hours, as required, in support of the company’s business needs.