Under general supervision to provide a variety of general to complex administrative accounting functions in support of the department; requires intermediate knowledge of current business practices and regulatory requirements in area of expertise. The Accounts Payable Specialist may audit and verify financial data, invoice and collect revenues, reconcile accounts and payments, and establish, maintain and track a variety of databases, accounts and files.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or G.E.D. plus 3 to 5 years of accounting, accounts receivable or accounts payable work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. AA in Accounting or Business preferred. Experience with SAP or ERP system
· General knowledge and understanding of the flow of Financial Statements, Balance Sheet, and Income Statements.
· Specific knowledge of accounting principles and general ledger accounts.
· Knowledge of computer software programs including Office suite and specialized accounting systems software.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Ability to reconcile all types of accounts (prepaids, accruals, suspense, liability) and assist other team members when necessary.
· Ability to perform detailed analysis and reconciliation of accounts. Understand the flow and workings of the account. Understanding both sides of entries and the impact. No generalizations, all balance are validated, variances are identified and documented.
· Ability to assist Information Services in testing and resolving issues. Beyond simply communicating the problem but providing information and knowledge to help resolve issues in a timely manner.
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team environment.
· Outstanding customer service skills.
· Detail oriented and accurate.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to work independently, and develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with all customers.
• No disciplinary action during the past 6 months.
• Your current leader must recommend that you apply for this position and provide endorsement upon request from HR.
• You must upload a resume and answer all application questions.