The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) is a strategic partner that develops HR initiatives to positively impact business performance, HR metrics and overall organizational effectiveness. This position is an active servant leader and thought partner to the Store Operations leadership team and is a relationship builder and consultant to internal partners. This role requires strong consultative skills and expert level general HR knowledge so as to be viewed as a trusted business partner. The HRBP demonstrates knowledge of effective human resources practices, methods and processes in all areas including recruiting and selection, succession planning, compensation and benefits, employment law and employee relations, payroll and leadership development.
The store locations that the HRBP will cover includes Chico, Vacaville, Grass Valley, Yuba City, Redding, Woodland, Sacramento, Galt, Modesto, Tracy, Stockton, Elk Grove, Merced, Manteca, Newman, Lodi, Rocklin, Antelope, Carmichael, Auburn, Citrus Heights and Roseville.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or the equivalent experience.
· Progressive experience of 7 yrs or more in human resources, retail operations management or similar. Significant experience leading change, delivering and developing training and presentations. Experience with unionized work environments and/or union avoidance is preferred.
· Experience in business or in retail industry and multi-unit is preferred.
· Certification preferred: PHR, PHR-CA, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or other HR certification with emphasis on strategic HR practices and methodologies.
· Deep understanding of competencies needed to support and lead a multi-unit retail and/or corporate function.
· Knowledge of effective human resources practices, methods and processes in all areas including recruiting and selection, succession planning, compensation and benefits, employment law and employee relations, payroll and leadership development.
· Extensive knowledge of State, Federal and legal regulations and requirements related to human resources including, EEO, ADA, Worker’s Compensation, FMLA, Wage & Hour and others.
Skills & Abilities
· Strong business acumen.
· Effective coaching and consultative skills.
· Flexibility, fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive.
· Critical thinking: ability to identify problems, root causes and drive appropriate solutions.
· Strong internal and external customer service focus.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to operate a personal computer and related software including spreadsheet applications.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written and group presentation skills
Valid driver’s license.
Keyboarding and sitting
Telephone – hearing and speaking
Work is performed primarily in a business office environment. Frequent travel to other locations.
• No disciplinary action during the past 6 months.
• Your current leader must recommend that you apply for this position and provide endorsement upon request from HR.
• You must upload a resume and answer all application questions.