The Supervisor of Accounts Payable is responsible for the daily operation of an assigned department within the Accounting/Finance function and the resolution of more complex operational or customer complaint problems. The role provides day-to-day leadership of department employees; to ensure that production standards are met within established timelines; to ensure adherence to corporate, State, and Federal reporting regulations; and to act as a resource to others regarding departmental operations. This job classification requires full knowledge of departmental operations and systems, the ability to meet production requirements and effectively supervise assigned staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· AA in Accounting, Business or Finance plus five (5) years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Accounting/Business/Finance and previous supervisory work experience preferred.
· Knowledge of general to complex accounting practices, methods, and procedures.
· Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned staff.
· Knowledge of MS office applications including Excel (expert level), Word and PowerPoint. SAP knowledge desired.
· Ability to train departmental employees in proper accounting practices and procedures.
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations including addition, multiplication, subtraction, and division.
· Ability to complete work in an accurate and timely manner.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and maintain effective working relationships.
· Good customer service skills.
· Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
• No disciplinary action during the past 6 months.
• Your current leader must recommend that you apply for this position and provide endorsement upon request from HR.
• You must upload a resume and answer all application questions.